Home Adventure Bardia National Park: The Best Spot for Jungle Safari
June 30, 2019

Bardia National Park: The Best Spot for Jungle Safari

Bengal Tiger
Bengal Tiger at Bardia Park: Photo-Bardia N.Park

Far from madding crowd, encountering Royal Bengal Tiger from a close distance, wild elephants and watching a variety of lovely birds chirping in the twigs of trees, hidden in the green foliage and sudden appearance of deer in front of you is going to be really really like an incredible daydream.

This is the way you relish the beautiful moments while espying the immense beauty and raw wilderness in its full swing during your Bardia Jungle Safari trip that you may ever wish to go on.

Around 585 km far from Kathmandu, Bardia National Park extended in the area of 968 sq.km is located to the east of Karnali River.

The park has one of the largest and undisturbed spaces for wildlife. Despite this fact, a limited number of tourists and travel lovers are found visiting this park.

Bardia Rhino
Rhino at Bardia N. Park: Photo: Bardia N.Park

The wild park was declared as a national park in 1988. The park is a habitat for famous Royal Bengal Tiger, wild elephants, Bengal Florican, Lesser Florican, Silver-eared mesia, Sarus Crane, deers, rhinoceros, swamp deer, Blackbuck, Gharial Crocodile, Marsh Mugger, Crocodile, Gangetic Dolphin,over 30 mammals, 200 bird species, variety of reptiles and aquatic animals.

70% of the parking area is covered with Sal trees while the rest of the 30% of the park is covered with savannah forest and grassland and the park has 8 kinds of ecosystems.

The wild park provides ample opportunities for wildlife research as well which has not yet drawn the attention and care of potential stakeholders and researchers.

The park is the best for nature walking, dolphin sightseeing. Sitting on the back of an elephant and going for a jungle drive is the way of Jungle safari here. The park is the only jungle spot in Nepal that provides for one of the best Jungle Safari to encounter with Bengal tigers and wild animals.

karnali river rafting
River rafting in Karnali River: Photo-Bardia N.Park

The head office of the park is situated at Thakurdwara which is the home habitat of innocent and indigenous Tharu tribes. There are Tharu homestays where you may enjoy the Tharu indigenous dishes along with Tharu cultural dances at Tharu huts.

How to get to Bardia National Park?

To get to Bardia park just take a flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj airport and then take a high way bus route for about 2 hours in a hired jeep.

What is a suitable season for Jungle Safari?

The good season to go for Jungle Safari in Bardia National Park is from September to Mid December and from February to May. Your travel agency will properly guide you when to do what?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

883 tourists visit Khaptad in seven months

Kathmandu: A total of 883 travelers visited Khaptad region in the Sudurpaschim Province in…