Kathmandu: The Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Yogesh Bhattarai Monday unveiled the government’s one year top priority based activities related to the tourism sector to boost up the visit year 2020.
Addressing a gathering of assistant Ministers, government officials and staff in Kathmandu, Minister Bhattarai briefed about the whole one year’s activities which will be implemented with top priorities.
According to the media release by the Ministry, the following are the top areas of priority to promote tourism and make the visit year 2020 an effective and successful event.
- To bring 2 million tourists in the visit year 2020, 10 main market sources will be identified and promotional activities will be launched accordingly for the arrival of new tourists.
- Global Tourism Ministers’ Conclave will be held in December 2019 with the support of UNWTO and a grand commencement program of Nepal 2020 will be initiated on 1 January 2020 with the theme “New Year in Nepal” with the participation of various tourism ministers of different countries.
- To commence the program- visit Nepal 2020- in the first week of January 2020 with great pomp and show at all places of seven provinces, all diplomatic missions across the country and abroad. The presence of big six leaders including the opposition leaders will be expected in such program hosting.
- To coordinate with all officials of the civil aviation department for the stickers with the logo of visit Nepal to be pasted on tourist visa stamping, baggage, boarding pass.
- To publish postcards carrying the pictures of natural and cultural heritages for gifts to be given to all departing tourists at the airport terminals.
- To sign an MoU between Non-Resident Nepalese Association (NRN) and government for managing a Tourist Help Desk at all diplomatic missions abroad with the mission one NRN to send one foreign friend to Nepal in the year 2020.
- To hold a seminar (Summiteers summit) of all mountain climbers representing all the countries.
- To issue permission for free royalty for a few mountains with new names.
- To hold a Tourism Investment Summit.
- To launch the Tourism Satellite Accounting (TSA) system.
- Promote electrical vehicular movements at some of the tourist destinations to make tourism transportation easy and comfortable.
- To start a night heritage journey to Patan, Bhaktapur, and Kirtipur.
- To initiate Lonely Eco-Resort to Khaptad, Foksundo and Pathibhara areas for diversification of tourism in coordination with provinces, local level bodies and private agencies.
- To initiate Sea –Beach at the bank of Narayani River in Chitwan by the development of infrastructure with the support of the provincial government, local bodies and agencies.
- To initiate Night Safari Park from Ramnagar of Chitwan to Diyalo of Bangla in the evening.
- To make the climbing safer GPS tracking system will be managed.
Pabitra Guragain Kathmandu: The Himalayan Vegan Festival-2022 has been scheduled to be hel…