Amadablam elevated at 6812 meters above sea is one of the most stunningly gorgeous mountain peaks in the world that you might not have climbed and visited. It is deemed to be one of the best ornaments of the Himalayas in Nepal.
Located south of Everest and Lhotse in the Khumbu region, the expedition to this beautiful mountain is considered to be technical as well as quite challenging enough for the climbers.
This mountain is also popular as the “Matterhorn of the Himalayas” and is situated in the Himalayan range of eastern Nepal and it keeps luring many domestic and international tourists during the season.
The peak is distinguished due to its distinct pyramid shape. The hanging glaciers seen on the southwest of Ama Dablam correspond to the sacred ornament box used by a Sherpa woman in the Sherpa village which is known as “Dablam” whereby getting its name as “Ama Dablam”.
The peak is gorgeous and bewitching due to its aesthetic value it represents to the world outside. Splendid view of other Himalayan ranges can be seen from here. Normally the climbers do the ascensions to this mountain from the South-western ridge. This was the same route that most of the climbers used in the past to reach atop in 1961.
Talking about the camps for these expeditions, usually, climbers here set up three camps. The camps are set up just below and the right of the hanging glacier.
The usual hike is comfortable up to camp 1, however, the main challenge and technical climb start from camp 1 to camp 2 as it gets more technical in the narrow edges of ridges made up of granite. From camp 2 to camp 3 increases the challenge. It is said that the risk of glacier falls is inevitable at this point.
One thing one should do before climbing Ama Dablam. That is to train oneself about the skills of rock and ice climbing and acclimatize with high altitude which will be beneficial during the technical and challenging climb.
Seven Summit treks organize successful expeditions to Ama Dablam every year. Its travel Itinerary is given below for the perusal of those who aspire and wish to climb Mt. Ama Dablam.
Spring and autumn are the best seasons for this expedition.
Chhang Dawa Sherpa (Dawa) associated with Seven Summit Treks claims that every year they have been doing the expeditions to Mt Ama Dalam most successfully.
1. Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel (1,400 m)
2. Resting in Kathmandu, brief and preparation for the expedition
3. Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla airport and trek to Phakding (2800m)
4. Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
5. Rest and acclimatization at Namche Bazaar
6. Trek from Namche to Tyangboche Monastery (3860 m)
7. Trek from Tangboche to Ama Dablam base camp (4450 m)
8. Rest day at base camp
9. Climbing period (day 9 to day 25)-base camp-Ama Dablam summit (6812m) –the base camp
26. Trek from base camp to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
27. Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
28. Flight from Lukla airport to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
29. Rest and leisure and shopping day in Kathmandu
30. Transfer to International Airport for departure
Pokhara: Preparations are going on to resume paragliding in Pokhara after five months of t…