Kathmandu: Nepal’s KGH Group- a homegrown chain of hotels won 6 prestigious South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) held on 19th and 20th September 2019 at Amari, Galle Sri Lanka.
It was stated in a KGH press statement released Thursday in Kathmandu. According to the press release the KGH group hotels winning the awards include:
- Leading Boutique Hotel, Nepal-Maya Manor Boutique Hotel
- Leading Heritage Hotel, Nepal-Kathmandu Guest House
- Leading Food and Beverage Resort, Nepal-Waterfront Resort
- Most Romantic Hotel, Nepal- Himalayan Front Hotel
- Best CRS Program, Nepal –Himalayan Front Hotel
- Leading Business Hotel, Nepal –Kathmandu Guest House
Similarly, the other three hotels winning the awards include Temple Trees Resort and Spa, Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, Barahi Jungle Lodge, etc.
SATA Chairman Smile Hamid had given away the awards to KGH Group’s Executive Director Trishasgri Shakya during the award gala ceremony in Sri Lanka. More than 400 hotels of 6 countries from South Asia were nominated for the awards of which 17 hotels from Nepal were nominated.
This is the second time that this KGH Group won this SATA awards. Last year also the Group had won 5 awards in Taj Palace in Mumbai. This year KGH Group won 6 awards out of 12 awards for Nepal said the press statement.
KGH was established in Nepal in 1968 with a leading chain of 7 eco-friendly hotels under its flagship. Karna Sakya is the founder of the KGH group and hailed as the father of tourism in Nepal. The Group now owns the following hotels:
- Kathmandu Guest House, Thamel (1968)
- Park Village Hotel and Resort, Budhanilkantha (2001)
- Waterfront Resort, Pokhara (2011)
- Himalayan Front Hotel, Sarankot (2016)
- Maruni Sanctuary Lodge, Chitwan (2002)
- Buddha Maya Garden Hotel, Lumbini (2003)
- Maya Manor Garden Hotel, Hattisar (2016)
The South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) was launched in 2016 with the intention to provide across the region’s travel and hospitality industry with a credible platform to be recognized for their outstanding achievements.
Kathmandu: The pre-monsoon has made its way into the country from today, ending the winter…