- Bibek Gurung
Nepal and Turkish Airlines inking an 8-point agreement in Kathmandu
Kathmandu: Nepal Visit Year 2020 Secretariat and Turkish Airlines jointly entered into a mutual agreement based on 8-points to promote Nepal Visit Year 2020.
The agreements were signed by Nepal Visit Year secretariat coordinator Suraj Vaidya on behalf of Nepal and Director Abdullah Tuncer Kececi on behalf of Turkish Airlines in Kathmandu Friday.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Vaidya said that this alliance between Turkish air and Nepal would help promote a landlocked Nepal’s tourism sector in the years to come.
He also said that Nepal is putting its genuine efforts to enhance the air service facilities. Similarly, Turkish Airlines director Abdulla also expressed that Turkish Airlines is always committed to promoting Nepal’s tourism sector and will do so in the future too.
Turkish Airlines has been contributing to Nepal visit year by supporting air passengers arriving in Nepal from America and Europe.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
Visit Nepal Year 2020 Secretariat
This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) sets for the terms and understanding between Visit Nepal Year 2020 Secretariat (hereinafter referred to as “The First Party”) having its office at Kaiser Mahal, Kathmandu, Nepal and Turkish Airlines (hereinafter referred to as “The Second Party”) having its corporate office at………. for the VNY 2020 National Campaign Collaboration. This MOU has been signed on ………. between The First Party and The Second Party on the following terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions:
- The First Party agrees to declare the Second Party as the Airline Partner in all VNY 2020 Campaigns and in promotional activities in UK and Europe and America.
- The First Party agrees to appoint the Second Party as the official carrier for UK, Europe and America.
- Both Parties shall jointly organize promotional programs in Travel and Tourism Trade Fairs and sales mission/road shows, seminars to be hosted in UK, Europe and America.
- Both Parties shall organize FAM Trips for trade and press from the generating markets to Nepal. The Second Party shall provide air tickets for the members of the FAM trip whereas the First Party shall host the stay in Nepal. FAM trip will be organized in co-ordination with the office of Turkish Airlines of the destinations chosen.
- The First Party agrees to screen videos of the Second Party during VNY events.
- The Second Party shall provide maximum rebated tickets to the international delegates of the first party to and from Nepal participating in the VNY 2020 conference/programs in Nepal and abroad as per the availability. The First Party shall inform the second Party in advance about the specific requirements.
- Both Parties shall promote the campaign in all social media handles, websites as per the availability.
- The second party shall provide round-trip complimentary air tickets to Nepal for the the Lucky Draw Winner/s during the joint promotional programs abroad. The First part shall host the winners stay in Nepal.
This Contract will be implementing from ………. to ………….
Visit Nepal Year 2020 Secretariat
Visit Nepal Year (VNY) 2020 Secretariat is the official information and contact center for the Visit Nepal 2020 Campaign. The national level tourism campaign was announced by the Government of Nepal to upscale the image of Nepal as a tourist destination and aims to welcome 2 million tourist arrivals in 2020 and increasing daily expenses of tourists.
Tourism has been one of the pillars of the Government of Nepal’s development strategies, as the sector is an important revenue earner for Nepal and has been able to make a significant contribution to improving the social and economic conditions in the country. With demand for new tourism products on the rise, Nepal has the potential to expand growth within the sector and diversify the regions tourists visit, particularly focusing on the Nepali culture, age old traditions, local cuisine, hospitality, tourism activities and its natural environment. VNY 2020 campaign was announced to enhance this industry further and prioritize the promotion of Nepal as a tourist destination to unleash Nepal’s huge tourism potential for sustainable development.
Established in 1933 with a fleet of five aircraft, Star Alliance member Turkish Airlines has a fleet of 348 (passenger and cargo) aircraft flying to 317 worldwide destinations as 267 international and 50 domestic, in 126 countries. More information about Turkish Airlines can be found on its official website www.turkishairlines.com or its social media accounts on Facebook,Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Turkish Airlines announced direct flights via Istanbul to Kathmandu from September 1, 2013. TK flies five times a week to Kathmandu and daily flights during March April and October November. It is the only European airline flying to Nepal and it has increased its offerings to Nepal.
The agreement has been signed and agreed to on the ________________________
On Behalf of The First Party On Behalf of The Second Party
Suraj Vaidya Abdullah Tuncer Kececi
National Program Coordinator General Manager
VNY 2020 Secretariat Turkish Airlines
Kathmandu: All museums in the capital will be closed from Saturday as new variants of the …