Kathmandu: The global COVID-19 pandemic has engendered 100% travel destinations restricted around the world.
According to a research conducted by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), most of the countries across the world have not eased travel restrictions for the foreign travelers in response to the world crisis due to deadly Coronavirus.
The UNWTO research concluded that ” 100% of destinations now have restrictions in place. Of these, 83% have had COVID-19-related restrictions in place already for four or more weeks, as of 20 April, so far no destinations has lifted them.
The UNTTO research analysis shows that, of 217 destinations worldwide:
- 45% travel destinations are totally or partially closed for tourists.
- 30% destinations have suspended totally or partially international flights.
- 18% destinations are banning the entry of tourists from specific countries of origin.
- 7% destinations are applying measures, such as quarantine or self-isolation for 14 days.
- millions of jobs have been lost and it has jeopardized the sustainable development and equality.
Kathmandu: The search for the world-record climber Tenzen Sherpa, who went missing in an a…