Kathmandu:Global COVID-19 pandemic has caused over 265,000 deaths worldwide, and 3.8 million are infected though 1.3 million have recovered from the virus on Thursday.
The US continues to top the virus death records with over 72,000 followed by UK in the second place that reported 30,150 deaths that overtakes the Italy death toll of 29,684. Spain reported 25, 613 deaths and France 25,538 thereby showing a drastic death rate slumping in Spain and France according to Johns Hopkins University.
China recorded 4,637 deaths, Japan 556, Russia 1,637 and South Korea 255, Malaysia reported 107 deaths, Philippines 658, Indonesia 895, and Singapore 18 deaths from COVID-19.
In the SAARC region;
- India reported 1,785 deaths,Pakistan 544, Bangladesh 186 deaths, Afghanistan 95,
- Srilanka recorded 9 deaths,Myanmar 6 deaths due to this lethal disease.
- Nepal recorded 99 confirmed cases of deadly contagion of which 22 cases have been cured.
- Maldives recorded 1 death and 617 positive cases of which 20 cases recovered,
- and Bhutan reported 7 positive cases of which 5 persons have recovered.
In Africa, South Africa reported 148 deaths, and Egypt recorded 469 deaths, while Algeria recorded 476 deaths from the deadly virus.
UAE reported 157 deaths, Qatar-12, and Kuwait 42, while Bahrain reported 8 and Saudi Arab 209 deaths due to the COVID-19.
According to the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, Nepal Airlines has 15 flights a week a…