Kathmandu:Global COVID-19 pandemic has caused over 270,000 deaths worldwide, and 3.9 million are infected though 1.3 million have recovered from the virus on Friday.
The US continues to top the virus death records with over 75,000 followed by UK in the second place that reported 30,689 deaths that overtakes the Italy death toll of 29,958. Spain reported 26,070 deaths and France 25,990 according to Johns Hopkins University.
China recorded 4,637 deaths, Japan 577, Russia 1,625 and South Korea 256, Malaysia reported 107 deaths, Philippines 685, Indonesia 930, and Singapore 20 deaths from COVID-19.
In the SAARC region;
- India reported 1,889 deaths,Pakistan 585, Bangladesh 199 deaths, Afghanistan 106,
- Srilanka recorded 9 deaths,Myanmar 6 deaths due to this lethal disease.
- Nepal recorded 101 confirmed cases of deadly contagion of which 22 cases have been cured.
- Maldives recorded 1 death and 617 positive cases of which 20 cases recovered,
- and Bhutan reported 7 positive cases of which 5 persons have recovered.
In Africa, South Africa reported 161 deaths, and Egypt recorded 482 deaths, while Algeria recorded 483 deaths from the deadly virus.
UAE reported 165 deaths, Qatar-12, and Kuwait 44, while Bahrain reported 8 and Saudi Arab 219 deaths due to the COVID-19.
According to the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, Nepal Airlines has 15 flights a week a…