Kathmandu: The government’s new fiscal year budget for 2020-2021 has tried to address the demands of tourism entrepreneurs.
The budget has incorporated the tourism entrepreneurs’ demand for rebate in business taxes, flexibility in loan repayment and exemption of loan interest.
The arrangement of provisions in the budget such as encouraging the government civil servants to enjoy the paid leave to go on holidays to promote domestic tourism has somewhat addressed the earlier demands of the tourism entrepreneurs.
Highlights of the budget for tourism sector:
- New provision of relaxation in tax, fees, interests etc for hotels, restaurants, trekking agencies, mountaineering agencies has been made in keeping view of the risk posed by global Covid-19 pandemic.
- One Province one major destination concept will be implemented with strong foundation laid.
- New infrastructures will be laid to resume the tourism activities related to entertainment, health, sports, and river rafting and mountaineering as soon as Coronavirus cases are halted.
- New tourist information system will be placed and ensured for the safety of the tourist arrival, trekking, mountaineering and a tourism university will be founded to undertake research works related to tourism industry.
- Tourism will be introduced in middle school courses and above.
- The religious tourism related to Pashupatinath, Janakpur, Muktinath and temples, monasteries and peaks will be continued as usual and historical and cultural tourism destinations will be further promoted as tourist destinations.
Kathmandu: The cloudy weather that started from the west last night is spreading across th…