Home Features Boarding cable car to Maulakalika temple
December 19, 2022

Boarding cable car to Maulakalika temple

manakamana-cable-car
cable car (file photo)

Within the next three months, it will be possible to take a cable car to go to the Maulakalika temple in the Gaindakot municipality of Nawalparasi, Bardghat-Sustapoorva.

The construction company “Maulakali Cable Car Pvt Ltd” has completed the construction of the cable car and is preparing to operate it within the month of February.

The manager of the company, Gokul Sawad, said that the construction of the cable car to go to Maulakalika temple, a religious place of historical importance located in Gandakot-1, is in the final stage. For this, more than 1000 trees were cut on a small scale from the local religious and community forest.

IME Group is going to start cable car operation in Gaidakot. Maulakali Cable Car Pvt Ltd has advanced the project at a cost of around Rs 1.5 billion. The company said that the construction of the cable car has been moved forward with preparations to put it into operation from this month of January, but the construction has been delayed due to various reasons including Covid-19.

Chandra Prasad Dhakal, Chairman of IME Group said that 51 percent of the main investor IME Group and the remaining 49 percent of the investment will be held by local people in the cable car project. Locals pay a minimum of Rs 50,000 to a maximum of Rs 5 hundred thousand rupees.

Manager Sawad said that a 50-room hotel and lodge are also under construction at the helipad near the Maulakali temple.

He informed that the top station of the cable car will be built at the helipad near the temple, while the bottom station will be built at Dharapani at the foot of Maulakalika.

“Even if a top station is built where there is a helipad, a helipad will also be built”, he said, “Construction work is being done to place a hotel on top of the top station and a helipad above that.”

The company believes that six thousand passengers can be transported every day after the cable car is put into operation. Manager Sawad said that once the cable car is operational, devotees will reach Maulakali temple in a 10-minute journey. Now it takes about 45 minutes to climb 1882 steep steps to reach the temple.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Mustang as international tourist destination

Luring Mustang as one of the top tourist destinations in Nepal involves highlighting its u…